Sunday, December 6, 2009

Entry Dated January 11, 2008 - More Acquisitions...January 2008.



This Friday was interesting. I promised 3 Floors that I’d be by to pick up the A-4F Aggressor 1/48 that I had reserved a week and a half ago. As promised, I headed by in the morning to do that. That unfortunately was not the end of the acquisition for that day. In short order, I picked up the Fujimi F-4EJ Kai and the F-15J Eagle. I realized however after purchasing the F-4EJ Kai that there was a release by Hasegawa of the F-4EJ complete with operational markings which I was interested in rather than the “Anniversary Edition” markings. Of course I stopped short of picking up the F-104J Starfighter that was pleading with me to pick it up. I needed to save some dollars. However if it remains at the end of the month, I will grab it and that will bring the acquisition list of said model kits for 2008 to a whopping 5 to start off the year. I’m surprised I’m not skinned alive.




I’m of Japanese extraction and I do enjoy building kits that depict Japanese aircraft like the F-86J Sabre, the T-33, and a few others. So building the F-15J, F-4EJ Kai, the RF-4EJ is fitting. Then I’ll have a shelf-full of Japanese Air Self Defense Force fighters. I have no interest in Imperial Japan (circa WWII) fighters at all. I don’t particularly like them though they have their place in history. WWII has never really appealed to me as a subject. I tend to pursue What-Ifs and actual aircraft a lot more. It gives me more room for the imagination.



Well, come the 25th, I’ll be picking up the JASDF F-104J and that will bring my collection of JASDF subjects to a whopping 5 kits plus the JGSDF AH-64J Longbow Apache and that just creates a whole new bit of subject matter. I’m still waffling on the RF-4EJ.

~author's note (December 6, 2009) : I decided against the F-104J at the time. I'm still wondering though if it is still there. Maybe I may get it later on.~

No comments:

Post a Comment