Sunday, December 6, 2009

Entry Dated December 25, 2007 - Aggressors, more Aggressors, MORE AGGRESSORS!!!!

After perusing my favorite LHS (local hobby shop), I noticed that they had a very very good selection of Hasegawa model kits. It was well worth the five and a half block walk from my place of work.

I've noticed that they carry a number of aircraft that are considered rare collector's items, but I've always had a soft spot for Aggressors, whether it's their colorful camoflage designed to emulate former Warsaw Pact and other countries not favorably inclined towards United States diplomacy, or just the fact that the camoflage seems to be a lot more fun than having a stable full of military air superiority grey aircraft hanging around.



This particular kit, the F-16N Top Gun (Kit # V7) evidently was one of the limited release model kits in 1/48 scale. This particular kit will entail a lot of research and a lot of asking about certain Aggressor colors used by the United States Navy during the mid-80s and early 90s when this F-16 variant was used.

The next Aggressor kit that I had trouble finding in other stores because the other LHS in my area (in Burnaby and New Westmnster) do not have such a nice selection of jets. It's nice to collect the kits that I want to have in my collection, but it will be nicer to be able to sit down and work on them. But that will come in time.



Time to crack down to some research. I'm going to look at getting some of the books that Rick Llinares of Dash 2 Aviation Photography has authored.

Merry Christmas to all, and Happy Modeling in 2008!

No comments:

Post a Comment